Saturday, February 28, 2015

{Glass Half Full}

(Somehow this didn't get posted last weekend!! I still wanted to share with you!)

It's snowing more this morning! It's amazing and beautiful! Not the best running conditions though! February has been not only snowy but extremely cold (record setting) but I'm down to 43 miles. 
 
THREE YEARS AGO.......

"Today's update is short and sweet. My appointment this morning went well. Things are holding steady and the babies are doing great! Everyone who monitors them or does their ultrasounds say what "strong" babies these two are...it is certainly wonderful to hear. 

The Dr. today said she will be talking with the rest of the Dr.'s in the group and they will be deciding if I stay on the Mag tomorrow or not. She feels confident the oral medication is just as good with keeping the contractions away and I would then get my arm back from this IV and won't have to be bothered a million times in one day for "vitals" and I won't be burning up :)

Aaron and I both just want what's best for me and the babies..if the oral meds don't work as well, which I hope they do, we still have the option of going back on Mag. We feel very confident the Dr.'s will make a good choice and we will be just fine :) There are still options out there for keeping these babies in!!

I've finally had a quiet afternoon to where I could pop in a movie and sleep! It felt SOOOOO good to relax and just snooze! I am beginning to feel a little more rested :)

Wonderful news for today....My friend had her baby here today!! I'm going to get to meet her at some point and I'm REALLY excited for that!! Congrats Jon and Jen!!!!"

------------
I still remember rolling in to meet Jon and Jen's sweet baby girl. It was so nice to get out if my room for the first time in a week. Had I not been in the hospital I wouldn't have had the chance to meet her just hours after being born. It's a special memory that I'll always hold dear to my heart!  The best lesson I learned and practiced during those three months was focused around having a positive perspective. 

Thank you for supporting our team and mission! I am very close to my personal goal and it's because of YOU!!


Slowly, but still, running for babies!! (marchforbabies.org/landcfoulk)



 






No comments:

Post a Comment