Wednesday, February 18, 2015

{Winter Chill-Thinking Warm Thoughts}

Oh my, is it chilly outside! I was foolishly standing outside tonight with no coat on and no socks in side my boots. Why might you ask? I was finishing up with dinner and another snow burst came through and Landen and Caroline were just mesmerized by the spinning snow flakes. They were already dressed with boots on their feet (they got dressed for school...even though it's tomorrow!) so I asked Aaron to finish dinner and away we went. 

The sun was quickly going down, the wind whipping against my back, but standing there watching both Landen and Caroline experience the beauty of winter with huge smiles on their faces warmed my heart. 

THREE YEARS AGO TODAY....(foulkbabies.blogspot.com) 

Never a dull moment :)

For those of you who worried that I would struggle with  lack of sleep when the twins are born, worry no more :)  I am getting enough interuppted nights and still functioning throughout the day-I consider this boot camp.  

Last night was "one of those nights" where I was up until the wee hours. After the babies were monitored (which they behaved this time :) ) I started having contractions roughly every five minutes. This time I could feel them pretty well. So I was monitored through the night and the Dr. ended up prescribing a shot and an oral medicine that I will take for the next 72 hours...yes this on top of the "Mag."  I'm thinking I'll just stay hooked up to the mag until these little sweeties come :) I am curious if the Dr. I see today will suggest the same or try to take me off the Mag...My guess is they won't take me off of it....although it would be nice not to have to unplug the IV every time you want to go some where lol...

So that's the latest.....I'm hoping for my first relaxing day today.....we'll see how lucky I am :)

Love and Hugs!

-----------------

I don't like to look back at the past most of the time, but standing outside in my PJs and hoodie watching Landen and Caroline made me think of how things could have been different had they come early at 24 weeks. Every time I look back I can't help but get that same tense feeling we would feel at times in the hospital. But the difference is that now I can let go and breathe a sigh of reliefe. 
Our miracles are safe. 

On this chilly winter day, I ask for your help. Warm another families heart by donating a dollar or more if you can to help give the same gift we received three years ago.  Please visit: www.marchforbabies.org/landcfoulk 

Xoxoxo
Danielle

Still running! 47 miles to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment